Keg filling systems are an essential tool in the brewing industry for transferring beer from fermentation vessels to kegs for packaging and distribution. In this article, we’ll explore what a keg-filling system is, how it’s used in your brewing process and the benefits of using it.
What is a drum filling system?
A keg filling system is a machine used to transfer beer from fermentation vessels into kegs for packaging and distribution. The system consists of several components including a pump, hose, filling valve, and keg. The pump is used to move the beer from the fermentation vessel to the filling valve, which then transfers it through the hose to the keg.
How to use the keg filling system in the brewing process?
A keg filling system is used at the end of the brewing process to transfer the beer from the fermentation vessel to the keg for packaging and distribution. After the beer has completed the fermentation process, it will be transported to the keg system through hoses. The filling valve is then opened and the beer is delivered through the hose into the keg. Once the keg is filled, it is sealed and the beer is ready to be dispensed.
Features of beer filling machine
- The cleaning head and filling head are made of 304 stainless steel (316 stainless steel for pickling). The internal roughness of the equipment is less than 0.6μm. Equipped with a PTFE gate valve, magnetic induction control, and other accessories.
- The filling method can be controlled by a conductivity sensor or flow meter.
- In the automatic bucket cleaning machine, the mechanical arm introduces the bucket to be processed into the machine and moves it through the pneumatic translation system. The system is equipped with sensors, which can control the cycle work of the machine. In a semi-automatic system, the operator needs to load and move the barrels.
- The cabinet is made of IP54 stainless steel, equipped with PLC and software, which can be used for inspection during the production cycle. The controller is made of IP54 stainless steel and is equipped with a control panel, which can be used to control and set the operating parameters.
- The system is equipped with an automatic disinfection device. It can be equipped with an input and output transmission system and washing liquid storage device as required.
Benefits of Using a Keg Filling System
There are several benefits to using a keg filling system in the brewing process:
- Ensure that beer is transferred to kegs in a hygienic and controlled environment, thereby reducing the risk of contamination.
- It allows precise filling, ensuring that each keg is filled with the exact amount of beer.
- Improves the efficiency of the brewing process and reduces the time required for packaging and distribution.
- The risk of beer spoilage is reduced, ensuring that the beer maintains its quality throughout the distribution process.
Keg filling systems are an essential tool in the brewing industry for transferring beer from fermentation vessels to kegs for packaging and distribution. Understanding what a keg filling system is, how it is used in the brewing process and the benefits of using a keg filling system is essential for brewers looking to improve the efficiency and quality of their brewing process.